Monday, January 31, 2011

Golden Globes ignore most watched TV Special

The Golden Globe awards were announced yesterday and my new doco didn't get a mention. Can't believe they're still not bothering with documentaries. ... I mean how can u ignore the most watched episode of any single TV program. Yeah! Day over for the Dayaks made the Tuff on Poverty Special seem like small bikkies. And I'm not one to brag but IIRC, it had the biggest audience ever and raised the most money for charity. Ah well, there's always BAFTA.

Day over for the Dayaks and, IMO that wouldn't be a bad thing, but I wouldn't say that to Mei Li. She still keeps calling them my people ... as if.

Now I've lost my thread ... oh yeah, the doco's been nominated for three categories - International, Factual Series and Single Documentary. Benny has already started campaigning. PPPLEASSE! Why bother ... we'll blitz them I told him. We ended up having a row. I mean Benny is supposed to be my agent and yet, who's been asked to sing at the BAFTA's ... Sir Josh freakin' Chadwick. What am I paying him for? All he could come up with was some weak excuse about the profits from the song going to set up a fighting fund to help the Dayaks. Still not speaking.

Ann Massey
http://www.annmasseyauthor.net/
Author of:
The White Amah, a mystery set against the backdrop of the timber logging industry in Malaysia. Sample or purchase: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1456578065
The Biocide Conspiracy, a Young Adult thriller that sweeps readers into the world of bio-warfare. Sample or purchase; http://www.amazon.com/dp/1456503367

No comments: