Tuesday, January 25, 2011

SHARPER THAN A SERPENT'S TOOTH: AN UNGRATEFUL CHILD

Can u believe this - Mei Li and David are back in Brit and staying in Manchester at Josh and Sandy's place. What an insult! She never even bothered to let me know she was back. I found out when I switched on Entertainment Tonight.

What an ungrateful bitch she is. I spent three nights in that hovel in the jungle just to help her out. Well I ask you, who could be fagged watching a boring doco about trees - the only reason it'll rate is because I presented it. And you wouldn't believe the accommodation, all of us, (family and the crew), had to stay in the longhouse.

What a hovel! No power and no sanitation. It makes me shudder just thinking about the rats and bugs It's a wonder I didn't catch typhoid or leprosy, even.

I told Benny never again. It was all right for him and Josh off with the men to cock fights and hunting and fishing trips, roaring drunk every night on jungle juice. Me, I was stuck with those god-awful twins and a bunch of illiterate women - they couldn't even speak English, for crying out loud.

Sandy was no company always with her head in a book. I don't know what Josh sees in her ... the fat cow. And as for Mei Li, the way she idolizes that so-called grandmother, makes me want to puke. I mean what about me ... I'm her mother for christsake.

Ann Massey
http://www.annmasseyauthor.net/
Author of:
The White Amah, a mystery set against the backdrop of the timber logging industry in Malaysia. Sample or purchase: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1456578065
The Biocide Conspiracy, a Young Adult thriller that sweeps readers into the world of bio-warfare. Sample or purchase; http://www.amazon.com/dp/1456503367

No comments: