Saturday, September 14, 2019

Combining Work and Pleasure

At Le Precope

Work and a long awaited holiday with my sister blended in the best possible way when I dined with my publisher, Gary Heilbron, his lovely wife, Elizabeth, fellow writer, Diana Hutton who flew in from Madrid, and my sister, Marilyn at Le Precope in Paris. Both Gary and Diana have read the first draft of "Biocide.com", the sequel to "The Biocide Conspiracy" which sees the return of the ill-matched duo, Mo Jones and Beth Godson. This time caught up in a terrorist attack at the G20 conference. Once again they are at cross purposes.

Gary's choice of restaurant was inspired.  Founded in 1686, Le Precope  has always been the place where  Parisian writers and philosophers exchanged ideas. I felt honored and humble at having my manuscript discussed where Voltaire thrashed out plots with his contemporaries.

Lovely, talented  Diana who proof read my manuscript is author of "A Grave Above Ground" and "Sisterly Love". She is an ex-pat, Australian, married to a Spaniard based in Madrid and a former translator at the United Nations.  Gary an Australian ex-pat and his vivacious french wife live in the South of France. Although I have had a long business association with Gary through his publishing company, HP Editions, we have never met therefore this dinner was very special. And went on very late!

Gary and Elizabeth are visiting their son in Australia later in the month, after which they intend to drive around Australia. We plan to meet up when they get to Perth. I hope I can show them as good a time as they showed me.

No comments: